Leg swelling and abdominal swelling (ascites) are caused by the liver
cancer.  If you kill the liver cancer, it will go away.  Otherwise not.  I
would have her swallow a bunch of anticancer supplements and hope for the
best before throwing in the towel.  A quart of CS a day, artemsinin,
curcumin phytosome, resveratrol, milk thistle phytosome.  That would be a
decent start in my opinion.

David