From: Steve G [mailto:chube...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2013 9:24 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Re: Polio

in relatively recent years, it has been found that people who survived polio
infections when they were young became subject to a recurrence of it much
later in life. I am not sure whether this is presented as an actual
infection, or with merely an intensified weakening of the affected body
part. One must take care to consider all possibilities before arriving at a
firm conviction. Personally, I doubt that the smallpox vaccine would be
implicated with polio issues, but I'd be open to persuation.

Steve

Harold <har...@telus.net> wrote:

My Aunt was three years old when she got polio in 1910.She survived,but with
a leg deformity and sterile.She lived to a very ripe old age with a
recurrence of polio  in her 70s.I never knew if she had been given the
Small-pox vaccine.Would not be surprised  though.My grandparents were
homesteading in Nebraska with a native tribe adjoining,Otoe,if I remember
right.An awful lot of years since I heard the story,

Harold