On 7/7/2013 11:45 AM, Neville Munn wrote:
Just as a point of interest, I had a couple of samples of mine tested specifically for pH a couple of years ago.

Sample 1. Tested within 24 hours after production and pH read off the scale on the alkaline.
Sample 2.  Tested after it had been in storage for a week or so read >7.0

Note: Whilst I am unable to locate the exact numbers on the above, I do know they were greater than base 7.0 because I had those two samples tested specifically for pH to varify the findings of the following.

Several years prior to the above I had several other samples {from different batches and storage time frames} laboratory analysed of my EIS and one of those tests included pH and ALL were between 7.4 and 7.8

My conclusion going on all the above tests...pH is sky high immediately after cessation of the brewing process but drops over time to steady at >7.0, none were below 7.0 or acidic.

That is expected. Ionic silver is a combination of silver oxide and silver hydroxide. Silver hydroxide is alkaline. Over time the ionic silver tends to form colloidal silver, thus the ph should go down toward 7. Now if exposed to air for sufficient time, the ionic silver will eventually react with CO2 in the air forming silver carbonate, a salt, and eventually one could expect the pH to go below 7, as carbonic acid is formed and there is no silver hydroxide left to neutralize it.

I had samples 1 and 2 tested by water people {people who monitor swimming pools} as I don't trust those Litmus paper thingo's, or those pH meters.

I think most of these people use the pH meters themselves. If done properly, the meters can be quite accurate.

Marshall