From: den...@perle.com [mailto:den...@perle.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 1999 3:10 PM
To: silverl...@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Off Topic - Can anyone help??

Hello CS listers-

This is completely off topic and I apologize for that but I am devastated
at the news I received today. I am asking for any help you wonderful people
might have because I do not know where else to turn.

A very dear friend of mine has a 7 year old daughter who has been diagnosed
with an inoperable brain glioma. Up until today, she has been in a research
program for a new type of chemotherapy that has worked to keep the cancer
isolated and under control. Today, they were told that she must go off of
the program because there is a high risk of Leukemia associated with the
dosage of chemo she has been receiving. The hospital and doctors will not
take responsibility for this & have essentially told them that there is
nothing else they will do for her.

Unfortunately, I am not a doctor and do not know any other details
regarding the type of chemo she was receiving.  I only know that thus far
it has helped keep her here with us and now her parents fear the worst.

Please, if anyone has any info at all, could you share it with me.  If you
would prefer, you can email me directly at den...@perle.com.

Thank you all so much...please say a prayer for the Henry family...they
really need it.

Dana