Hi AJ,

I take 2 fl oz of CS, then take just a dap of powder.  I stick my index finger
in a jar of cayenne, and just the specks that stick to my finger are enough.  I
put those in the CS, then shake it up for a minute, then strain out the specks
through a funnel covered with a paper towel soaked in CS.  Finished.  No actual
brewing needed.  This came out just about right for me.  Adjust accordingly
depending on how much burning is comfortable to you in the nostrils.
Measurements of cayenne are as small as being on the scale of "finger dabs".

David