When the sugar water ferments it produces either alcohol, and/or acetic acid. So we are wanting to avoid acetic acid formation, therefore I don't see adding it directly as a solution.

Marshall

On 5/25/2014 8:01 AM, Cyndi wrote:
Better yet use apple cider vinegar.

Cyndi

On 5/25/2014 6:38 AM, 123 456 wrote:
CS is okay for chickenss with  sniffles. I  didnt use it on an
extended  basis tho'
Why not use a drop of Hydrogen peroxide instead if you want to be cautious?
Tara

On 5/25/14, Alan Faulkner <ala...@gmail.com> wrote:
I know of someone who fed it to bees and it killed them. The theory is that
it killed the bacteria in them that aid in digestion so they starved to
death.

But I know someone who puts a bit of H2O2 in his racing pigeons water.

Alan

On 2014-05-24, at 21:40 PM, Walter Anderson wrote:

A quick Google didn’t turn anything up so I thought I’d ask the list:
Do you have any experience or other knowledge to indicate whether CS would be helpful/harmful/neutral do hummingbirds? The reason I ask is mould can be a problem in hummingbird feeders and I was thinking CS might help stop that (not sure on this either, just thought it might inhibit mould too—please correct me if I’ve missed the boat). I’m not sure what kind of digestive system hummingbirds have (their diet is nectar and insects) and whether CS would be compatible with their needs or not. All feedback/ideas are welcome.
- Walter

Archives:

-----
No virus found in this message.