Well, if you believe Eleanora McBean.  Her extremist assertions are
questionable at best, and very unprofessional.  Read up on her on Wikipedia.

But the cause of the 1918 flu epidemic is not really relevant to today.

Ebola is a much more serious issue today.  A vaccine would be nice, but the
window of opportunity to properly manage an outbreak is already past.

We have relatively open borders between the US and countries that have the
outbreak.   This can only result in disaster for the countries to which those
who have been exposed to Ebola victims are fleeting.

I'd bet good money that the two ladies in Texas who took care of the Liberian
gentleman before he passed away from Ebola is just the tip of the iceberg.
We'll see a few more from that hospital in the next week or so.   And from
these people we'll have more yet.  We aren't quite yet at a flashpoint, but it
is not far off.

Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea should all have serious travel restrictions
in place NOW.

Steve

PS - I had  to look up that James Ostrowski quote to put it in proper
perspective.  Sounds like he really knows his stuff.