I keep CS in a small spray bottle and use that for my eyes when they are
irritated and have shared with friends when they have pink eye, and it
works in a day, spraying as often as they feel needed and relief is
instant.  All the little kiddos in my family have their own 2 oz spray
bottles of CS for all their boo-boos, and they use it all the time, even
showing their friends that it doesn't sting their eyes by spraying it in
them.