Hallo David,

Just some friendly, hopefully helpful thoughts about trying to solve your
agonies. I do hope
that this is not seen as interference.

If you or your emailer, Thunderbird, cannot handle "digest" then why not
subscribe to the
Silver List "list"  delivery version? The very clear, simple and easy to follow
instructions are at
the Silver List Home Page ; http://www.silverlist.org/

If you insist on getting the digest then you could get Undigestify from
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/undigestify/

I did use digest years ago when on dial-up but with adsl it is much more
convenient to get
individual emails, much easier to answer and to delete or file .

 I run a small email list and send a copy of each email ( twice per day digest)
to a Yahoo
Group for those members who want to play on the web by themselves. You could
perhaps
get yourself webmail or start your own forum for yourself.

Your comments about Subject continuity are valid but one has to be a
list-hitler to make that
happen properly; A frustrating and futile occupation along with 'trim your
posts' and 'top
posting'. ;-))

People are posting less because there is so much competition from other
interest groups on
the web. I just recently un-subbed from 5 lists because there was just not
enough time in the
day to pay attention to all of them.

OK,
Tony

On 16 Feb 2015 at 13:40, Debra & David wrote about :
Subject : CS>Forum

> Mike.
>
> A few points...
>
> 1. Technology is going to kill off this list sooner or later. (Probably
> sooner). Its becoming increasingly difficult to even view it these days.
> 'Thunderbird' on some new PC's won't even display the digest  without
> clicking each individual post. And responding is getting harder all the
> time as has been mentioned about a thousand times.
>
> 2. As a list for the dissemination of info about silver its starting to
> fail because no thread nowadays proceeds beyond the most basic level.
> Threads or questions get broken or jumbled up so fast they soon become
> incoherent.  It seems that most threads on this list are now not about
> silver at all, and the ones that are are so basic that few members have
> much enthusiasm for answering them.
>
> 3. Your most experienced and knowledgeable members are posting less and
> less. (And potentially valuable new members dissappear as fast as they
> appear. How long did Uncle Ben last?)
>
> 4. A new forum will be a big success if you support it and eventually shut
> this one down.
>
> David

Archives: