      From: Debra & David <alch...@kern.com.au>
 To: silver-list@eskimo.com
 Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2015 1:04 AM
 Subject: CS>Ad-hominen attacks.

When I asked for an example of my 'ad-hominen, unkind' attacks the best Malcolm
could provide was this...

"You Strongly suggested that Tony was a fool, using his own attempt to provide
the information that in using CS on animals, the animals are not usually
susceptible to the placebo effect. in doing so you used a "straw man" argument,
thus employing both the "kill the messenger" and the "ad
hominem" rhetorical ploys combined. QED."

Please look at what I really said to Tony...

(But first,this is what Tony said regarding the surprise news that his CS is
only 0.54ppm)...

"Now the important thing is that this stuff works as I said. It's not just
placebo, I COULD FOOL MYSELF, but I doubt that one can fool cats, dogs and
chickens all the time... Tony"

My answer was this (and ONLY this)...

"Well I'm sorry to say it Tony but yes you probably are fooling yourself. Half
a ppm isn't going to do anything in my opinion"

That didnt seem too harsh to me. I could have said more. I could have said "No
you can't fool the animals but you could be fooling yourself that the health of
the animals is due to the CS", or something like that, but I figured my brief
response was adequate.

But the sad thing here is not really Malcolms overblown sophistry. Its the fact
that a regular poster on here, handing out advice to other members and newbies,
is claiming that half a ppm (probably dissolved in gallons of water) is
performing great things on himself, cats, dogs and chickens. But no-one but me
questions it! Instead, I'm accused of being a (whatever Malcolm meant) for
pointing it out!

David (In Australia)

Archives: