Great question Dave. I have been wanting to ask that myself. I do use some CS
for sprouting, but I am not confident yet.

I only use einkorn and spelt, and will probably try some rye this year. I
started spraying a little CS after the first or second day. I soak first for 8
- 12 hours in filtered water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar or lemon
juice (per cup). No CS when soaking.

Sometimes I only sprout (because I want to soak the flour with other grains or
flour in different recipes). And sometimes I do nothing because I am feeling
lazy ;-)

In both cases I have only used a little CS sprayed on, or during a rinse. I am
able to get them to sprout, but I don't go far, so I am not sure if the CS has
retarded the process at all. I stop when I see a bud, but I think most people
go further.

I will test another cup of spelt this week and let you know. I'll be more
aggressive with the CS and the sprouting. Although I don't see any reason to
add CS during the first day, right?

Victor
Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 4, 2015, at 12:31 PM, Dan Nave <bhangcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Has anyone used CS added to the water to prevent spoilage when sprouting
> grains?  I used CS in the water when trying to root some plants that normally
> root in water, but they never developed roots.  They apparently didn't
> realize that they were cut, or needed some bacteria to start the process.

Archives: