Will Lugols take the place of Thyroid meds such as Synthroid or Armour or the NDT ?

On 8/16/2015 2:57 PM, Lola Harris wrote:
Patricia.. not sure what you are asking?  Iodine is a mineral that our body
requires just like chromium, copper, zinc.... even vitamins.  It is taken
up, preferentially, first by the thyroid, then by the sex organs, then by
the rest of the body.

What dose are you on and when did you start taking the iodine?
Lola
----- Original Message -----
From: Patricia <pcassi...@tx.rr.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 15:19:10 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: CS>Thyroid Nodules

I have to get educated on this so forgive my question:  Does Lugols in
liquid or tablet form provide what is needed ?

On 8/16/2015 12:57 PM, Lola Harris wrote:
Raven...  I am also a real believer and fan of NDT since it was such a stunning
success for
me in resolving so many hypo issues that I had, issues that Synthroid seemed to
just exacerbate.
I might add that I have no iron or adrenal issues so stabilizing on NDT was
very easy for
me to do.
Io
However, there are some folks who don't do well on NDT (natural desiccated
thyroid
(brand names such as Armour and Naturethroid) and do well on
Synthroid/synthetic T 4.
I can't convert t 4 to t 3 and so, have to have the natural NDT product.  My
sister,
on the other hand, has done fabulously on Synthroid since the eighties and had
all
kinds of problems with NDT when she tried to take it a few years back at my
urging.
But she does have hashis and I don't.  The compounded product can be another
option
for hypo sufferers since the fillers/additives in the commercial brands can be
problematic for some and this alternative gives them some control over that
aspect.

Here is an article that might be helpful to some in explaining why it is so
difficult
to be a 'purist' in the sense of subscribing to one form of thyroid medication
to the
exclusion of others.  Those who struggle to find the right product and the
correct
dosage have my sympathies.  It can be an arduous and frustrating journey for
some.

https://chriskresser.com/3-steps-to-choosing-the-right-thyroid-hormone/
An excerpt from the article...
"However, in some cases patients do feel better with synthetic hormones. One reason
for this is that a small subset of people with Hashimoto’s produce antibodies not only to
their thyroid tissue (TPO and TG), but also to their own thyroid hormones (T4 and T3).
These patients do worse with bio-identical sources because they increased the source of
the autoimmune attack."

Lola