Hi All
Is this from someone on the CS list?  I have heard of this from two African
American friends, looked into it on YouTube and other sites, and I'm alarmed. I
downloaded a number of MSDS (material safety data sheets) from the net, and
contacted the CA Department of Toxic Substance Control (DTSC).  Why did I do
that? The packaging can claim "100% Pure Gum Spirits Turpentine" even though
the MSDS clearly shows (to a chemist) that carcinogens like petroleum
distillates are included in the formulation. The product at Walmart, StripKlean
Turpentine, is labeled 100% Turpentine but is 70% petroleum distillates. It's a
legal - but IMO unethical - way to protect a proprietary formula.  In fact, the
only product with a reliable, pure formulation is the turpentine from Diamond G
Forest Products located in Patterson, GA. There might be others but I don't
know of them.
PLEASE BE EXCEEDINGLY CAUTIOUS IN FOLLOWING THIS PROTOCOL. IT WAS DEVELOPED
DURING THE DAYS OF SLAVERY, AND SIMPLE PRODUCTS LIKE TURPENTINE ARE NO LONGER
SIMPLE. TOO DIFFICULT TO FACT CHECK PRODUCT INFO.
Joe

Sent from my iPhone