The first batch may take less time due to contamination from the jar
dissolving into the distilled water.  Just one mineral water spot makes a
HUGE difference.  Just 2 grains of salt..a finger print on a hot day...huge
difference.

The LED shifts colors to tell you that the current is changing directions.
It doesn't matter what color it is.  If that LED is on, it shows that
electricity is flowing through the water with a visual indication of 'how
much' current...and there is no way that you are not making EIS if that LED
is lit.

The Yellow LED starts blinking when the generator enters programmed mode
after reaching 10 uS conductivity.  8 times because that's how many times
you pressed the programming button.  8 hours to go to get to where you told
it to go.  In one hour it will blink 7 times.
If current is constant, the ion emission rate is a constant and time can be
used to predict.
But 'ramp up to current' is an acceleration curve where, if you don't know
where it started, time is totally useless to predict anything.
VERY small differences in water and environment make massive differences in
"travel time"

ode