Ode!  Thanks for the laugh!  I can only think of this in terms of pathogens
filtering through a bed of granulated media and particle size distribution,
plus the amount of metallic silver that's bonded. In my ignorance of a lot
of science I make analogies that suggest entropy, but still need to think
this through.  Plus I don't habituate the bars.