38.66666

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: PT Ferrance
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2019 6:26 AM
To: Silverlist Post
Subject: CS>OT

This is almost embarrassing to admit except I am so long away from algebra...
I am tincturing using a new device which requires a minimum of 2 cups of liquid
but 3 is better so that is what I am using.

The problem is:  if I combine 8oz of 40% ethanol (80 proof) with 8oz of 76%
ethanol (153 proof) and then add 8oz of distilled water, what percentage of
ethanol will the final 3 cups be?

I'm blushing to even have to write this but I have to get this project done and
the final amount of ethanol needs to be known.  I would really appreciate
understanding how to get the final answer so I can just make adjustments going
forward.

Thanks for any help you can give.
PT