Journal of Applied MicrobiologyVolume 123, Issue 5
Here is an authoritative review documenting the effectiveness of silver. There
is all the evidence that is needed here and none of it can be characterized as
"anecdotal.":

https://sfamjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jam.13525#jam13525-bib-0013

Of particular interest at this time would be the information of action against
viruses:
"Antiviral activity of natural mineral silver in a variety of forms including
colloidal silver has been demonstrated through nearly three decades of medical
research (Fig. 2). It has been reported that silver can stop different types of
viruses from replicating by merely binding to them. Recent research
demonstrates that silver is so powerfully effective against viruses that it
even stops the deadly HIV virus from infecting human cells. The vital
requirement in order to exhibit such powerful antiviral activity is the size of
the silver particles. Nanoparticles of size ranging from 1 to 100 nm are
efficient as smaller size leads to more interaction and inhibition of viruses
(Galdiero et al. 2011; Khandelwal et al. 2014). Silver nanoparticles undergo a
size‐dependent interaction with HIV‐1 virus and nanoparticles in the size range
of 1–10 nm were able to attach to the virus. The interaction is via
preferential binding of AgNPs to the gp120 glycoprotein knobs which bear the
exposed sulfur residues and inhibit the virus from binding to host cells in
vitro (Elechiguerra et al. 2005)."
Careful reading will reveal that our quest to maximize the ionic portion of
what we make has been the correct approach.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10