I have three buckets for water for my two dogs.  These are the large
orange buckets from Home Depot.  I put some silver in there, just dumped
some in there, maybe a half a cup, went away for the weekend and when we
got back, there wasn't any of that green stuff growing.  Forgot the next
time and within two days the green was back, so I threw the water out
and put silver back in and we're back to clean water.