pi·pette also pi·pet (pi-pet') .
n.
A narrow, usually calibrated glass tube into which small amounts of liquid are
suctioned for transfer or measurement.

[French, from Old French, tube, diminutive of pipe, pipe, from Vulgar Latin
*pipa. See pipe.]

pi·pette' v.
  The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin
Company. All rights reserved.

pi·pette also pi·pet (pi-`pet)
n.
A small piece of apparatus which typically consists of a narrow tube into which
fluid is drawn by suction (as for dispensing or measurement) and retained by
closing the upper end pipette also pipet
vb. pi·pet·ted pi·pet·ting

  Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, Network Edition 1997. Merriam-Webster's,
Incorporated. Published under license with Merriam-Webster, Incorporated

Translations for: Pipette
Nederlands (Dutch)
pipet, overbrengen d.m.v. pipet

Français (French)
pipette

Deutsch (German)
n. - Pipette
v. - pipettieren

???????? (Greek)
n. (??µ.) p?p?ta, s?f????(?)

Italiano (Italian)
pipetta

Português (Portuguese)
n. - pipeta (f)

??????? (Russian)
???????

Español (Spanish)
n. - pipeta
v. tr. - medir o transferir mediante una pipeta

Svenska (Swedish)
n. - pipett

                                        Chuck
If entropy is increasing, where is it coming from?