From: Leo Regehr [mailto:leoel...@telusplanet.net]
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2001 3:08 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Some airbrush comments

Why not use a nebulizer from a pharmacy store?
Leo
  _____

"James Osbourne, Holmes" wrote:
Hi Terry and everyone,
I have used only O2.  It is the same regulator used for a shop welding rig.
They cost about 100 SDRs.  Prestolite is a commonly available brand.  Any
regulator RATED FOR USE WITH OXYGEN in the correct pressure range may be
used.  Oxygen regulators must be hydrocarbon lubricant free; grease or oil
will burn explosively in a pure O2 atmosphere.  The pressure works best in
the +/- 20 PSI range.  Bear in mind; the regulator is not is "approved"  for
medical use. All bottled O2 is USP grade. I think the "R" size tank is the
best compromise of portability and easy handling vs time of use per bottle.
You may purchase or lease from your local welding supply company.  Here, a
refill costs about 10 clams.
Of course medical regulators may be used.  Some have a L/min gauge.  Not
necessary; you just adjust the pressure so that the airbrush works well; you
are not concerned about the O2 actual delivered amount except with a
newborn.  Then COMPETNENT MEDICAL EXPERTISE IS NECESSARY; a bit too much O2
and the baby can be made permanently blind due to oxidation of components of
the retina.
When I tried to price small simple inexpensive O2 regulators from local
medical supply companies they treated me like I was trying to buy morphine.
I have heard they are available on the net, but don't have anymore info.
The most complicated part is any adapters you need from the output of the
regulator to fit the input of the airbrush.  Take your bits and pieces to
the welding supply and they will be able to fabricate or order the correct
fittings. They cost less than 5 in most instances.  The assembly is simple
and obvious.  If it fits, screw it together.  If it does not, seek an
adapter. Be gentle; the threads are fine.  Fingers tighten to be certain the
connection is not cross threaded before applying a preferably non-crushing
and non-toothed tool.  Dish soap and water will reveal leaks at any joint.
Be careful with wrenches; you have a lot of leverage in the small fittings.
You know the joint is approaching tight enough when the torque sensation
rises abruptly.  Tighten lightly, and bubble the joint, tightening more only
if necessary.  Make sure that the tools are stored with the kit.  Put the
whole kit in a easy-to-carry container.  Hard-shell is harder to carry but
better for situations that may require rough handling.  Are any state mil
guys listening?
The airbrush has only one adjustment.  It is possible by tweaking the
pressure and that venturi adjustment until no spray or mist is seen, but
holding the airbrush a couple of inches from your hand reveals moisture
accumulation.  I presume that is when it is making the smallest particles.
Of course the spray can be made coarser and the device used to spray
external areas.  It is probably a waste to use 02 for that purpose, but
there may be some benefit of the O2 getting into solution and there
certainly is little likelihood of harm.
The enameled steel lid of the airbrush's glass containers react with the
sol.  The turns dirty yellow in a short period of storage therein.  Do not
store the sol in them.  I am looking for HDPE or other acceptable
replacements.  Choices abound in Lab supply catalogs.  The airbrush is
fasten to the lid with a nut and washer, and can be easily transferred to a
plastic lid that is not too thick.    The little tube from the airbrush can
be shortened or replace with a longer tube to reach the bottom of the
bottle.
If using a compressed air source, even a bicycle pump, ONE SHOULD TAKE INTO
ACCOUNT THE PRESENCE OF OIL IN THE PUMP, be it hand or machine powered.
Those living in LA will probably not notice the difference.  Oil-less is
best, or if a manual pump, perhaps replacing the leather cup on the piston
with a new one lubricated with a food oil will be good practice.  In a pinch
you could make a usable leather cup from available articles.  Just
disassemble the pump and look at the cup.  Surplus sources often sell used
oil less pumps.  A lab or dental vacuum pump may be used as a pressure pump.
Anyone handling compressed gasses should LEARN CORRECT HANDLING, STORAGE AND
TRANSPORTATION PRACTICES for these substances.  Your local welding shop
probably has free handouts, or can let you copy their regulations.  Don't
just stand the bottle up on a floor or table.  Sooner or later you will tip
it over.  Get a carrier with feet, or strap the bottle to a table leg with
something.  O2 can cause the combustion of virtually anything to accelerate
explosively.  Once in the space shuttle, at 16 PSI pure O2, a crew members
hand caught on fire.  Not his glove, his hand.  If a bottle simply falls
over, it can break the regulator.  Worse case, the fitting at the top of the
bottle can break off, creating a bottle rocket effect and causing a fire
hazard at the same time.
This simple device replaces thousands of dollars of medical equipment and
drugs, and works better.  There are, no doubt, some contraindications that
will be proposed.  I haven't heard of them for anyone but very newborn
infants.
If a medical professional can offer the list the age parameters for
newborns, that would be useful.
Current opinion from some medical professionals is that this stuff will stop
respiratory 'rax if administered promptly.  That pathogen does release a
very destructive endotoxin when the cell wall lyses.  Lacking specific
information I would start with the most minimal amount with anyone who has a
well developed condition that is not DEFINITIVLY DIAGNOSED ---organism(s)
specific--- condition (If that can be possible)  and observe what happens
before taking a lot.  It is up to the user to figure out what "little" and
"a lot" means.  I suspect that even one toke will kill a lot of bacteria.
Every user of which I am aware is astounded at the rapidity of the
beneficial results.
Now, considering the likelihood of the trucks not running at anytime in the
foreseeable future, and there being no source of O2, who knows a good route
to distill and liquefy oxygen at home in your spare time and for only
pennies ?  Are there small devices? Probably.  Do they cost a fortune---even
used? I haven't looked.  What is involved in making one from existing
readily-available make-do components?   Could one cascade a bunch of
domestic or commercial freezer condensing units or will the pressures be too
high for the components?---that is my guess. Could a group do what is
difficult for one?  Yes, but only if they stop bickering and recognize our
common problem.
Bottom line: one use and you have in most cases more than recovered your
costs, and without the mind-damaging effect of being exposed to the drivel
in the out-of-date pop-culture and disinformation publications in the
waiting room---assuming the doctor is still in the office, and not already
stuck in traffic at roadblock set up at every exit to the area for the
purpose shipping everyone without the right papers to the alleged quarantine
camps. In boxcars, if need-be.  Legislation has already been written.
James-Osbourne: Holmes
Drifting off our central focus for but a moment---
The time to write this is my holiday present to everyone; I hope there is
much fun, joy and love in everyone's life, regardless of our individual and
collective situations this year. Love, peace, awareness---and keep your
powder dry.  Here is a stocking stuffer:
http://www2.justnet.ne.jp/~kiti/Ufo/wtc/wtc.htm
A hilarious and almost incomprehensible machine-translation that is still
better than nothing may be done at: http://world.altavista.com/
Paste the Jap URL into the translate box and select "Japanese to English"
from the drop-down menu.
Remember...you have always known-from the long-range perspective, this is
all just a ride.