Evening Terry,

Using 32 oz of DW and 27 volts for 45 minutes, with no
starter? You'd be lucky to have 1 or 2 ppm. If 8 oz of
that 32 oz was pre-brewed CS as a starter, you would
probably have about 5 ppm in 45 minutes (brewing 32 oz
with 27 volts).

  Do you think something similar to a "wattage factor" applies?

If one doubles the voltage, 54 volts for example, then the time would be cut in half, or the ppm would be twice as much. After all, wattage is the "work done" in any circuit. This should apply to your 110 VDC just like it does to the lower voltages that some use.

Likely a real engineer could tell us the "watts per ppm". If this could be done, then the variation of electrode spacing, starting conductivity, and working voltage would become only variables, and the wattage per ppm would be the constant that we would be concerned with.

Historically, I have used the current meter more in my every day work than similar technicians I have talked with.

I have always said, the final check to see if any circuit is working right is the current flow. If the current flow is not what it should be, then the circuit is not working as it should. This is true on little circuits, big circuits, and huge circuits.

I can't see why most of these basic principles do not apply to the CS process as well.

A tech without a current meter is in a world of hurt. I even purchased a 50 amp meter shunt and built in into a nice plastic box with terminal strips on the outside. I used to service a lot of central powered emergency light systems, as well as large inverter systems. Some of these were 480 three phase and were up to 48,000 volt amps.

Likely larger ones exist, but I have not run across them.

I have a 12 volt, 100 amp supply that has a 100 amp meter shunt installed. Can anyone think of a good use of it?

Wayne

To join or quit silver-list or silver-digest send an e-mail message to: silver-list-requ...@eskimo.com -or- silver-digest-requ...@eskimo.com