Hi Bob,

I would like a detailed description of your unit as I have never heard of it.

The Motherlode is powered by a 15,000 V transformer encased in a white metal box. Two high voltage leads are inserted into two jacks in the cover of the one gallon brew container. these jacks are approx 5.5cm apart. There are two 3/8" vent holes located just in front of these jacks. Inside the cover one stainless steel wire drops down to a 16 ga silver plate that has a wetted area of 3x5.5cm, the other stainless steel wire goes to a silver wedge, with the pointed side down that is held approx .5cm above the distilled water. Brew time determines strength of approx 3ppm/hour. I normally run three hours. Perfectly clear with a very light to non existent tyndall effect.

When swished around in the mouth for 2 or 3 minutes it will etch your teeth. It
can be buffered with potassium citrate. Be careful if you use bicarbonate of
soda as the CS will become sunlight sensitive and turn reddish in color.

How did you measure the pH? I use a digital pH meter.

I have been using an analog pH meter Made by Brookstone.

I really appreciate your input,

Bill

Hibernating in the North Country of NY
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

To join or quit silver-list or silver-digest send an e-mail message to: silver-list-requ...@eskimo.com -or- silver-digest-requ...@eskimo.com