  From: Brooks Bradley
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 11:46 AM
  Subject: Re: CS>Magnesium oxide

                          Dear Leo,
                      One would be well-served to be VERY CAREFUL
  when dealing with 35% or 50% H202.  This substance is capable of inflicting
very serious tissue burns.  If you are not SURE  of the reduction co-efficient
from your mixing process you may run the risk of producing a powder capable of
generating some very compromising results----not the least of which could be
tissue-burning of epithelial tissue......if ingested..  H202 at 35% and over
concentration is serious stuff.
                                      Sincerely, Brooks Bradley.
  Leo Regehr wrote:

    That is neat. Thanks.
    Leo

    Kevin Nolan wrote:

      Leo - some while ago I was told there is a cheap do-it-yourself method
for
      making MgO2 (magnesium peroxide) that some people actually use. As I
recall,
      simply mix MgO (magnesium oxide) powder with about an equal quantity of
50%
      (or proportionately more 35% if you can't get 50%) H2O2. Stir into a
slurry,
      and leave to dry, preferably in the sun. There will be a reaction that
      converts a fair portion to the peroxide. Once dry, break it up and place
      into capsules or simply keep in a tight jar.
      regards, Kevin Nolan