Ole Bob,
I'm an absolute novice when it comes to electricity, in spite of my
know-it-all attitude, so you would have to spell out for me what it is
you mean.  For example, what is a constant current regulator and of what
two systems do you speak?  Otherwise I could tell you some of my other
variables:  I use a generator based on Terry Chamberlin's design (God
love him!).  It's 110volts DC,  the container four liters.  The two
electrodes are 5 inches apart, each 1.2 x 7.0 mm, with about 15.0 cms.
length in solution.  So the wet area is 24.6 cms. sq. for each.

Incidentally, I get these electrodes for a really good price here, what
amounts to about US$10.00 apiece.  I think part of the low price is that
the wholesaler buys this in quantity and in the rolling from ingots the
labor cost is low.  The ingots are marked:  Degussa Feinsilber, .999,
our impression that it's processed in Switzerland.  A trusted assistant
hand carries the metal from the seller to the processer, then watches
the rolling.  If there was enough interest I could probably bring
electrodes in quantity when my family comes to the U.S. in July.
Thanks for your kind enlightenment.
Reid

Ole Bob said:
Hi Reid,

Something may be wrong!!!

Example: when I did my development work on constant voltage CS using 14
oz
of DW using  2 #14 Ag wires 2 1/2" apart the initial current was 0.25 ma

which was the same reading the for the conductivity of the DW as read on
my
one cubic centimeter conductivity testor.

The same holds true for the initial readings of constant current
systems.
Until the c.c. regulator cuts in there is no difference between the two
systems as far as the current is concerned.

Did you by any chance read the meter incorrectly???

"Ole Bob"