Is the abscess associated with an upper or lower tooth?  I'd think CS could
control it only by ionic diffusion through the tissues & membranes; thus,
*proximity* to the afflicted area would surely be key.  I see no reason why
the ears represent a better route to the interior of an abscess, esp. in the
jaw.  Therefore, I'd hold CS in the mouth as long as possible to conduce
diffusion, then swallow it for immune support against the general systemic
insult...and I'd do it continually.

Bobbye, you asked about dental electrification...  If the dental infection
is decidedly abcessed, conductive current between two electrodes would
probably bypass it, leaving the interior germs untouched.  Should CS fail,
this situation is a perfect candidate for ELECTROMAGNETIC PULSING.  (My
otherwise intractable abscess responded to it.)

That said, it is most likely that the infection is not fully
sequestered/encysted, in which case A FAULTLESS PROCEDURE IS to contact the
associated tooth with one electrode, and the nearest lymph node area with
the other.  The intra-mouth electrode should be silver with a small,
saline-moistened sponge.  If straight DC is used, the positive/+ electrode
should be in the mouth.

--Russ