The info was from  a summation in Lloyd Pies book.
 He provides references but no specific connections to  particular
references, so, I can't tell exactly where he got it.
 A little more specifically, but short of a research paper, on page 289
there is mention of a mitochondrial DNA trace in a search for the source of
Indian, African, European and Near Eastern  cattle, again, no direct
linkage to a specific source for that study other than a bibiliography in
the book but they found a 'sudden' emergence of those cattle strains [I
assume the point being that they couldn't verify via DNA what those strains
emerged from]
 By what I 'think' I understand below, it would seen that no back crossing
or viable offspring produced by nature would seem to verify intelligent
interference, and that we have not been able to do it indicates that it
wasn't us that did. [if it happened]
 Sorry, I should have said "I heard/read" that such and such was the case
and there is as much doubt as to that stories validity as there is about
the theory of evolution, but it seems to be more credible and reasonable
and worth looking into further.
 I suppose one must be as wary of the 'fringe' as one is of the 'official'
view even if the official view is way full of holes and the fringe seems to
make more sense.
 Ken