> >Using a 1 oz. silver ingot as the anode (+), 12 gauge silver wire for
> >the cathode and 3X9 volt battery set-up provides an instant visible
> >stream of silver particles, so that I'm done in 10 minutes with strong
> >Tyndall effect.
> >Could this be right?
>
> Doesn't sound right... there must be some time lapse before the water
>
> resistance is low enough to pass any appreciable current,
>
> even with the larger surface area of the ingot...1" by 2" x
> 3/32"---Dean

Yes, that is what's so strange; the silver particles fairly leap off the
ingot anode in a visible
"cloud" immediately at the start, to the point within a minute full
Tyndall throughout the 16 oz. of DW is in effect.  No starter of any
kind is used.  Have a multimeter, but not sure how to measure the final
resistance.
Thanks,
jr