From: kaselo...@aol.com [mailto:kaselo...@aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, 26 October 2002 2:26 p.m.
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>another matter

thanks for some understanding on the tds/pwt meters.... but, once
again the newbie needs some advice... i posted this on another cs
board, but as of yet i've had no response, so i'd like to pose it here
too:  about 2 months ago we
purchased the cs300 to produce our own cs, but soon found out that
making 8oz. at a time was too time consuming, esp. when we were using
large quantities ourselves, and giving it away to family and friends
by the gallon (great reports by the way)... anyway, within a month i
knew our needs far exceeded this small unit's output unless i was to
spend every minute brewing cs... so, a month ago we purchased a cspro
to make a gallon at a time... this has been wonderful, and out of my
first 5 gallons, i've given 3 of them away... today i went to brew
another gallon for ourselves (the 6th) and i noticed that the rods
were not looking the same as with the first 5 gals.... lots more of
the dark stuff, none of the 'smokey' silver in the water, etc... i
realize the 'tds' meter doesn't register the true ppm, but i do use
it as a comparison guage, and was getting a reading of 000 to 001
after 15 mins.... now 15 mins. would normally bring me a brew of 10
or better... anyway, here's my question(s): how many gallons should
i be getting from .999 silver 12 guage wire? is the wire solid
silver or overlay, and when the coating is gone, does the black flaky
stuff appear? in cases such as this do i brew it longer, or do i
just replace the silver rods? i was thinking i could supply everyone
with tons of cs, with such a minimal cost (and i guess it still is,
considering a gal. goes for about $75.-$100.)... this new generator
is so great, but i did think i'd get more than 5-6 gallons from one
set of silver rods... please give me some indications as to
what 'normal' is where the lifespan of the silver rods are concerned,
as i certainly don't want to be throwing them out if there is still
life in them... but, i don't want to brewing stuff for 45 min. just
to get the ppm up either... i know that i must certainly invest in
a 'pwt' meter, and will do so as soon as i can come up with the
funds... you're input is greatly appreciated as always... in advance,
thanks! deb