Dear Wayne,
            I do not prescribe anything for ANY medical condition......pets or
humans.
However, I DO relate information on evidence we have evinced from our research
efforts.  Therefore, I will comment on what we have found effective in some of
our experimental research cases involving similar conditions.
            We have found that older pets respond much faster.....and more
favorably.....to enema infusions of CS X Ringer' Lactate (or
Gatorade)......than to orally-based protocols.  The notable exception being
upper GI insults involving the alimentary lining-tissue.  Actually, even in
those cases we utilized CS both as an enema and orally-----with quite
acceptable results.
                            Sincerely,  Brooks Bradley.