Water is often desalinated by freezing. Icebergs are fresh water.
Icehouse beer is made stronger by freezing. Ever consumed a semi frozen can of beer? It's very strong.
How much achohol remains in the ice, I don't know, but it's obvious that most of it doesn't stay in the ice.
My well water has a lot of iron in it..and iron bacteria that sometimes gets thick enough to make the water smell swamp skunky. Freezing it drops out the orangy stuff and freshens the flavor and smell. The water may stink but the ice cubes are just fine.
Ken