When you see violet, it is absorbing red.  You see the complement of what is
being
absorbed (I.E. directly across the color wheel). I am surprised you did not see
the yellow, orange and so forth though.

Of course the other possibility, although quite unlikely, is that you go some of
the bacteria that convert silver to gold in there.  If so, then save the stuff,
you could turn that into a highly profitable operation.  That this is possible
is
not accepted by most scientists, although there is good evidence it does happen
under certain circumstances.

Marshall

Marshall