Hi:
A solution to Poison Oak insults is to clean the areas that might have been contacted with a paper towel wetted with Ammoniac water, just as it comes from the bottle or diluted to 50%.

I have poison oak in my own yard and I used to get contaminated a couple of times a year, I do not know if the ammoniac water works after the itching begins because I have never suffered it again ( in the last 5 years) since I always use it, in case of doubt.

Regards

Peter R