Hi Mike:

Great Post!

Unfortunately, Faraday's Equation doesn't always equate properly with modern
CS production...

I believe with low current devices, Faraday's equation is close to accurate.
There are fundamentally two problems with using Faraday's equation to
calculate PPM:

1.  A controlled-potential coulometric analysis is required in order to
obtain accurate readings....  The current must be absolutely controlled.
This can be done, I discovered quite a few months ago, with a
potentiostat... But then again, you and Bob are the engineers, so:
Engineer.  According to the information below, 100% efficiency is required
with the current.

http://chem.ch.huji.ac.il/~eugeniik/instruments/electrochemical/coulometric_
titrators.htm

The above link provides reference, and also the very interesting paragraph:

"Constant current sources for coulometric applications.

Small constant currents (< 10 mA) may be obtained from a high-resistance
source (e.g. a battery) through a high series resistance. For many
applications, a 45-volt battery with a relatively large series resistance
will be perfectly adequate as a source of constant current. The actual
current applied to the generator electrodes is determined by measuring the
potential drop across a standard resistance with a potentiometer [10]. For
large currents electronic stabilization is more attractive. This can be
realized with a potentiostat in a circuit shown in Figure 2. Lingane has
designed [11] a constant current sources which can maintain a constant
current ranging from microamperes to hundred milliamperes within 0.01%. In
addition a number of electronic constant current sources have been described
[12-15]. Several commercial current sources were available as well.

2.  I had a similiar reference which I cannot at the moment find that
indicated higher currents with silver could not be measured accurately using
faraday's equation... Not that faraday's law is innacurate, it's just that
Faraday didn't say that the silver would stay in the distilled water.  Even
a small film on the surface of the one of the electrodes, undetectable by
the eye, can throw the equation off by a level not acceptable... Also,
readings correlated between faraday's equation and photospectronomy showed
unexplainable anomalies in the end readings which I certainly couldn't
account for without both TEM and AAS analysis.

Never-the-less, I believe the law is a great tool, especially with highly
controlled setups and low current.

As far as the relationship between voltage and current, perhaps someone more
versed could explain how increased voltage, even with the same current,
produces a different result.

http://www.silvermedicine.org/robertobecker.html

However, if you notice the diagram referencing the lines of voltage and
lines of current, you'll note that a FIELD is actually established.  Voltage
is still present between the anode and cathode.

The summary document is worth reading anyway... Dr. Becker's research has
been amazing all the way around.  Unfortunately, his research, while it
continues to this present day, is rapidly coming to an end.  I think Dr.
Bart Flick and Gregg Silver ought to get together with him and find a way to
acquire all of his notes and complete his work with organ regeneration.

You state that particles don't begin to form with most generators until
about 10 PPM.  I don't agree with this assessment.  Silver particles begin
to form very early on in the CS production processes I've observed...  I
suppose if the current is extremely low, this might be different.  If you
look at any of the EIS AAS measurements out there for products below 10 PPM,
you'll see that most have at least 1% particles, but usually higher.  I can
see the particles with a laser pen early on in most processes. Remember,
just because the "ion cloud" or stream is not visible to the eye, does not
mean that it does not exist.  Thermal stirring, mechanical stirring, and/or
water circulation assists in reducing early agglomeration.

In fact, if we want to get into advanced CS production, my opinion based on
speaking with every top CS producer that I have been able to find in the
world:

We'll never be able to accomplish it with batch processing.  There are too
many variables involved, and the environment cannot be completely
controlled.  Lab quality water purifiers must be hooked up in-line;  Argon
gas pumped is used to prevent contamination with air. I believe Ivan is
currently using Argon with his setup.  We need a way to get the ions and
minute particles away from the current, and I'm not certain if it is enough
to use a large brewing container with slow water circulation, or if the
desired concentration needs to be acheived rapidly with the EIS then pumped
out immediately into a sealed container.

If I could build the perfect generator the rods would not be rods nor
plates.  Both are problematic ( and yes I like Ken's new silverpuppy
solution as well ).  Both the anode and cathode would be spherical:  A ball
within a ball.  This is the only possible way to completely control the
current draw.  Water circulation would be used, counterclockwise in North
America, but preferrably outside the Earth's Magnetic field using reverse
flow forms-- and certainly with gravity nullified.  I would prefer to use
phase lasers, when they are eventually invented, in-line, to prevent
agglomeration.  Unfortunately, it seems, I read too much Isaac Asimov
growing up!

My end dream product would look like 'Ole Bob's crystalline formations, only
with the web formed quite a bit more intricately and distributed throughout
the solution.  This would be EIS stabilized only by virtue of its own
crystalline properties.  To my knowledge, nobody has determined the ideal
ratio between ions and particles.  Perhaps there is a "golden ratio" that
exists where the size of particles are as minute as possible, at X%, with
ionic content at Y%....  A three dimensional 'pi' for EIS.

The H2O2 is endlessly fascinating.  Provided the CS is highly ionic, without
any flaking, it is quite easy to stabilize H2O2 in the solution.  When
flaking or agglomerated particles are involved, there is yet another
reaction that causes the silver to precipitate out.  I've stabilized 50 PPM
H2O2 in ( what must be extremely close to ) 100% ionic silver for ( at
least ) two months; I use peroxide testing strips as a gauge.  However, I
know a few co-researchers who prefer to utilize the CS H2O2 while the
oxidation reaction is taking place... Within a few minutes of combining 3
drops of 35% H2O2 to about 4 ounces of quality isolated silver.

PPM meters appear quite useless when H2O2 is added to the equation.

My favorite H2O2 silver combination is made by taking one of the old silver
puppy units, with mechanical stirring and a potentiometer wired in...  I
first plate some silver on the bottom of the glass. I then start a slow
brew, and as time progresses I continually reduce the current and increase
the temperature of the water, to near boiling over about a four hour period
of time ( the temperature is not increased until I notice that the process
is degrading ).  The end product is crystal clear, but would not remain so
as agglomeration would rapidly set in. However, I immediately add the H2O2 @
35%, two to five drops per four ounces, and enjoy watching the brief
"rolling boil" of the H2O2 / Silver reaction.  I let this sit for a few
moments before use.  I've used this combination time and time again for
extremely tough mouth infections and throat infections ( Strep ).  I
estimate it is at least twice as effective as silver used alone, with at
least these two conditions.  However, the trick is:  You must keep the
silver in the mouth for at least 3-5 minutes, or you risk the uncomfort
associated with H2O2 reacting in the stomach.  Keeping the sol in the mouth
for 5 minutes prevents this reaction.  With direct tissue contact in the
mouth and throat, it appears that the reaction itself effects the
bioavailability of the silver, as the result is not the same with the just
silver nor just H2O2.  This process is repeated every seven to fifteen
minutes ( ingesting it by consuming between a tablespoonful and an ounce,
depending on preference ).  In one case ( out of about four ) that I've been
involved with, the infection in the mouth was severe enough that the surgeon
did not want to operate to excise the problem tooth, which was probably just
as well, as the individual would not have been able to afford the surgery.
This formulation, in conjunction with the H2O2 silver solution used in the
ears, nailed the infection ( which had cause the whole side of the face to
swell ), and the problem wisdom tooth was eventually naturally extracted
using clay packs.... After about a total of six months of non-diligent
applications of the silver/clay.

I wouldn't recommend this exact scenario without some experience, however;
it probably would have been better just to have the tooth pulled if the
means were available.  The problem occurs when the MD prescribes
antibiotics, and they don't work; this individual was in too much pain to
wait for a regime of antibiotics to try to knock the infection out.  The
problem also occurs when normal CS works too good and too quickly, and the
user doesn't experience any further pain, and doesn't take the CS long
enough to lick the infection, or is not able to have the cause taken care
of.... resulting in second and more severe occurence, even a third...
Tissue takes time to heal, and if it doesn't, each recurrence of the
infection can certainly easily be worse -- and deeper.

Best Regards,

Jason

> [...]
>   so good, it's worth repeating here:
>
>   --------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>   Welcome!
>
>   There's nothing  wrong with Mesosilver. There is,  however,  quite a
>   bit wrong with their unsubstantiated philosophy that silver ions are
>   not effective in the body.
>
>   They tend to over-simplify the biological processes to a  few simple
>   chemical reactions. I've spoken with numerous chemists  who disagree
>   with their  base  idea that silver  chloride  always  remains silver
>   chloride in the body. They ignore metalloproteins, and a  whole host
>   of other  possible   chemical   reactions   that  could  take place.
>   Experience, while  certainly  not scientific  proof,  indicates that
>   ionic silver is greatly effective.
>
>   Based on their claims, their product should be at least 9 times more
>   effective, when  compared with the other  top  electrically isolated
>   silvers out there. I have yet to see evidence that this is the case.
>   With less refined isolated "colloidal silver" products, it should be
>   over 100X more effective.
>
>   As an  example,  I just recently spent quite a bit  of  time  on the
>   phone speaking  with  someone who cured a case  of  neurosyphilis by
>   drinking silver chloride. If the makers of Mesosilver  were correct,
>   then this  individual should be six feet under about now. If  he had
>   listened to  them, he would also be six feet under about now,  as he
>   would likely have abandoned his usage, and would not have  been able
>   to afford to purchase their product.
>
>   I've viewed  numerous testimonials from those using  Mesosilver, and
>   have spoken  with  quite  a   few   users.  I've  also  had numerous
>   conversations with the founder of silvercolloids.com. The  staff has
>   a great deal of knowledge and is very committed to their product.
>
>   However, they  are completely biased. Furthermore, I have  been told
>   there is  no  interest in actually PROVING  their  claims.  They are
>   willing to rest on their beliefs, which is of course their right.
>
>   While their  product  is  certainly a  quality  colloidal  silver, I
>   haven't seen anything to indicate that it works better than the best
>   ionic silver's out there.
>
>   There is,  however,   plenty   of   clinical   and  scientific proof
>   concerning the  effect  of silver ions. The works of  Dr.  Robert O.
>   Becker, Dr.  Bart  Flick, among others  clearly  show  the potential
>   benefit of  silver ions in the human body, provided  they  of course
>   ARE in a usable form.
>
>   Silver ions from silver-coated catheders work just fine as well:
>
>   http://www.silverinstitute.org/silvnews/2001/4b01.html
>
>   You may also want to read the following mini-articles carefully:
>
>   http://www.somaticsplus.com/health_hints/hhls7a.html
>
>   Best Regards,
>
>   - Jason
>
>   Last edited by AVRA on Thu May 15, 2003 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.silvermedicine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12&sid=5ee9f6e687277e5da
0f16fb1d7e9165e

> [...]
>
>   Yes, I  think  you  will  find   many  people  who  agree  with your
>   assessment of  Frank's claims. I don't know about the guy  who cured
>   neurosyphilis with  silver chloride. If silver chloride  worked that
>   well, we'd  all be adding salt as a starter to make cs.  Most people
>   stopped doing that a long time ago.
>
>   I think you'll find that many people here agree with you  that ionic
>   silver is  the  true  workhorse   in  colloidal  silver.  Robert and
>   Marshall certainly  do, and I definitely agree.  My  experience with
>   high ionic silver and the Shingles and cold virus came as a complete
>   surprise, and convinced me of this fact.
>
>   Low ionic  silver is great for bacteria, and when you are  young and
>   have a  vigorous  immune system. But as you age,  the  immune system
>   starts to degrade, and the 10 ppm or so you get from the 3  nines is
>   no longer  adequate.  Nearly  all cs  generators  will  work against
>   bacteria, but many viruses are a lot harder to kill.
>
>   The SARS  virus terrified the world and killed a high  percentage of
>   the people  it infected, even with the best  medical  care possible.
>   Most doctors seem convinced the next one is only a matter of time.
>
>   The West Nile virus is now in the US, and it is spreading. It  has a
>   low death  rate,  but it can cause  serious  damage.  Other terrible
>   viruses can  spread from their source, and there is  nothing medical
>   science can do to stop them.
>
>   So I  think  we should pay a great deal of attention on  how  the cs
>   process works  and  what  it  takes  to  produce  high  ionic silver
>   reliably.
>
>   One of the best ways to see if a particular electrode arrangement or
>   current density works better is to have a quick and reliable  way to
>   measure the  ion  content.  The salt test  is  an  excellent method.
>   Here's the equation:
>
>   Ag(+) + Cl(-) --> AgCl
>
>   Since the  salt test only works on silver ions, it can never  go out
>   of calibration. You can even use it after adding H2O2 to clean up cs
>   that has  turned  yellow.  The dispersion  shows  the  solution gets
>   stronger, which  means the H2O2 has converted  the  silver particles
>   back to  Ag+ ions. Some people have observed the Hanna  PWT  may not
>   give reliable readings when H2O2 is added, but the salt test clearly
>   shows the improvement.
>
>   One possible reaction may be
>
>   2Ag2O + H2O2 --> 4Ag(+) + O2(g) + H2O2
>
>   In this  reaction, the H2O2 acts as a catalyst and is  not consumed.
>   So it  takes only a very small amount - perhaps 0.1ppm, to  keep the
>   solution clear  indefinitely.  I'm not a chemist,  and  the equation
>   only a guess, but it seems to work quite well, as you have mentioned
>   on your site.
>
>   There is  one  statement  you made on your forum  that  I'd  like to
>   discuss. You said
>
>     "Yes -- increased voltage with the same current only increases the

http://www.silvermedicine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10&sid=5ee9f6e687277e5da
0f16fb1d7e9165e