CS Friends,
For a while now I've been using the HVDC generator designed by Terry
Chamberlain, happy that I get good quality, 10 to 20 ppm CS.  Now I'm
experimenting to see if longer brewing time will boost the ppm, to the
point where it's concentrated enough for saturating ceramic water
filters.  For that I need 100 ppm, or maybe 50 ppm. But I'm getting some
confusing readings on the Hanna PWT.

I've just used enough starter CS to begin with 3 micro Siemans, and at
the end of 78 minutes the reading was 25, so 25 ppm.  I removed the
oxide branches from the annode (cathode?), stirred the solution and
restarted the electrolysis.  After another 33 minutes (for a total of
111 minutes) I shut the generator off, etc., but then ended up with
about the same PWT reading.  I'm finding this confusing, since I could
definitely see additional, new ion clouds coming off of the cathode
(annode?).  So why do I get the same PWT reading?  Shouldn't I be
getting increasing ppm?

For one thing I do know that my converter is not the best, reading 110v
at the betgining and about 65v after one hour.  Nevertheless I'm
thinking the new ion clouds alone should be indication of further ppm.
(I do plan on hooking up my new, constant voltage converter fairly soon,
but have some how become accustomed to the old one.)

I tried this same experiment about a year ago, trying to boost ppm, long
before getting hold of the PWT, and followiing that experiment, the next
day found that the CS had gone unstable, ending up as silver oxide
sediment.  This time I'm not worried about that, if only I can boost
ppm.  My intent would be to saturate candles immediately after brewing,
before any instability could come about.

Any insights would be appreciated.
Reid