Be aware that low potassium or high sodium can certainly cause elevated
blood pressure, but it is not the only possible cause. She should be
very careful if trying to get off the meds, it should be done slowly and
monitoring the pressure many times a day.

My wife went on the Atkins diet in June, and in 2 months was completely
off her diabetes medicine.  She had to get off it, the medicine was
about to kill her giving her hypoglycemia daily once she started the
diet. But she backed off slowly, going from 4 pills a day to 1/2 pill a
day before stopping completely. And she monitored her blood surgar as
well. It is now normal without any diabetes meds.

I am hoping she will be able to do the same with her high blood pressure
medicine, but as of yet she has not been able to cut down on it, even
though she has been taking potassium for the last 3 or 4 months.  The
potassium along with calcium and magnesium and drinking lots of water
though has helped her leg cramps.

Marshall