My DD is allergic to mosquito bites.  She swells to deforming proportions,
scary.

Anyway, tonight she had many, many, mosquito bites as she was outside playing
with her cousins.  My aunt had liquid benedryl and applied it directly to the
bites and my daughter is not swelling.  They reduced almost immediately.  I
don't know the chemical differences in the sting vs. mosquito bites, but it may
be worth a try as it's quick, easy, and painless.

Jessica

(The benedryl was applied soon after the bites occurred, I don't know how
quickly the swelling would reduce if quite some time had passed).