  From: William Missett
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2004 11:21 PM
  Subject: CS>CS/amoebas

  I've posted to the list in the past that CS kills amoebas, among the many
other things that it does dispose of.  I just want to pass on my latest amoeba
adventure:

  I ate an old piece of chicken on a Sunday night, and by Monday thought I had
a case of salmonella.  I started taking industrial doses of Microdyn (a swig
out of a liter bottle every three hours for three days) and within 36 hours had
put the "salmonella" at bay.  But then it came back.  So I upped my dosage and
the number of days I took it, and the same thing happened.

  This went on for 8 weeks, and the only time I felt human was when my CS dose
was maxxing. I finally went to a lab, and a doctor, and he said my intestinal
tract was clean as a whistle except for amoebas.  I don't know the life cycle
span for amoebas, but they apparently were hatching eggs (or whatever amoebas
do) on a longer cycle than my CS dosing.  Or maybe CS just does not entirely
kill this particular type of amoebas, just the adults.  But it is clear, given
the potency of Microdyn, that amoebas are pretty much impervious to CS.

  For the record.