Jean,

This is a system a groomer uses who does multiple SA dogs. A lot of dog
owners who's dog has SA are getting fabulous results using oil soaks (Rampak
treatment). The dog is coated with oil, left to sit for 1 hour, then the oil
is shampooed out. Since this is SO messy and greasy (ACK!) the groomer came
up with the concentrated conditioner route that is working also. Take a 12
oz bottle (like an old shampoo bottle), put in 1 oz of #1 All
Systems Pure Lanolin Plus Skin & Hair Emoillients, 1 oz of #1 All Systems
Super-Rich Protein Lotion Conditioner, and 2 oz of whatever cream  rinse you
like (I use Mane & Tail). Add 8 oz of hot water and  shake.

Brush the dog with a soft slicker brush and then rub the mixture into the
dog's skin everywhere. Put the dog into the crate for an hour or more.   The
mixture will dry and is not even greasy at the end of 1 hour.

Shampoo and follow with cream rinse.

This is to be used for dogs with SA since it is replacing the lubrication
lost by the destroyed sebaceous glands. ALso dogs like mine who have it are
greatly predisposed to wide-spread staph, thus the reason why I want to use
straight CS instead of the water in the above recipe. I would think after
sitting an hour, the CS would have plenty of time to kill the staph. And I
was inquiring about the addition of DMSO??

Susie

/// Hi Susie,

Would you share with the list what the system is?  What is the super
concentrated conditioner?

Thank you,

Jean Baugh