Deborah,

Ok, I had two hive experiences in a 4 day period.  The first one was under
control before going to the hospital by taking dsmo/cs internally (only got 3
big gulps in because I was gagging, it really tastes awful) AND externally.
Then I went to the hospital for my shots.

The 2nd when I went off my steroids was severe, but was controlled by external
use of dmso/distilled water.  What I mean by dousing, lol, is that I stood on
the side of the tub and my awesome hubby had about 20 q-tips in a bunch and
started applying the mixture vigorously beginning with the really bad areas of
the skin.  Then he went on to the parts that were most itchy.  The funny thing
was I had hives all over my face and we forgot to put dmso/distilled water
there.  They disappeared too.  I'm thinking it doesn't have to be internal.
If/when this happens again I think I'll follow garnet's suggestion of a
washcloth to apply all over the body instead of just the parts that contain the
hives.

I've been researching and I think I'm coming up with new allergies due to a
small hole in my intestine which allows these additives into my bloodstream of
which are then attacked.  My plan is to start a parasite cleanse starting with
DE (diatomaceous earth), MSM (it's helped me fix problems before), vitamin C,
and coral calcium.  I have to help my body heal itself.  I also have these cool
water and energy cards that do some pretty neat healing things.

I'll know if this regimen works for me if I can go SIX months without an
attack.  I'm generally in the hospital every 3-4 months with a new allergy.
(We think it's a new allergy when the allergy process begins 3 or more hours
from the time of eating the offending food accompanied by a lot of abdominal
pain vs. hives showing up 5-15 min after eating the offending food additive).

I will never be caught again without dmso.  This time around I still had to
have steroids, but I'm sure I could have done without them if push came to
shove.  I also wasn't terrified this time because I had power over the
reaction.  It was a wonderful feeling!

You might want to google dmso, allergy.  On one of the pages I read that dmso
is an antidote to allergic reactions.  Very interesting reading.

Hope this helps!
Jess

> From: "deborah byron" <laqueren...@cox-internet.com>
> Date: 2004/09/10 Fri PM 05:30:35 GMT
> To: silver-list@eskimo.com
> Subject: Re: CS>Re: Re: CS>FW: CS>cs and shingles
>
> Jess,
>
> Just so I can be absolutely clear on what you did--you applied the
> DMSO/Water mixture externally?  Did you also take any internally?  And by
> your DH dousing you, what do you mean exactly--Doctor of Homeopathy, Dear
> Husband, Damned Hospital? (haha)
<snipped for brevity>