Hi MA, thanks for your reply.
I ordered a silverpuppy (thanks odecoyote). Should be arriving Tuesday at
the latest.

1/4 cup equals about 4 Tablespoons according to Equivalent measures but
who's counting ;-)

Lucky is 95 + lbs. The condition is chronic, off and on for years which is
what it does in Akita's, another reason (a friend told me) to maybe give him
higher doses since it is a chronic condition and it usually takes
antibiotics 3 weeks anyway which is standard. Dogs with chronic skin
conditions are usually recommended by vet derms to stay on antibiotics 1
week after ALL signs of infection are gone which can be up to 8 weeks. And I
am NOT going the abx route again, it is not the answer. So I shouldn't be
discouraged after 1 week and 3 days, right? :-) He IS showing less itching
after upping the dose and especially adding Gatorade. I now give him 2
Tablespoons 4 x a day (mixed with Gatorade). And it's frustrating because I
am trying to treat a specific condition but have no real guidelines like I
would, say, an herb or vitamin supplement.

I just really know that animals can herx just like humans...thus the
caution. My friend who makes her own and does rescue says that some dogs
that she obtains only can handle a few drops before they get diarrhea, which
is a herx. Lucky is nowhere near diarrhea but maybe he can herx in other
ways such as lethargy. I know I certainly do when I start taking a product
that works for me. I certainly plan on taking it when I get the generator as
I have chronic EBV/CFS, I hope to God it does something for me as I am tired
(no pun intended) of this!

SO...when I get the generator I will definitely add at least half to his
water and not fear! But I will still specifically dose with some Gatorade
also as I can already  see a difference.

Susie

///Hi Susie.  Well, according to my measuring cup and my tablespoon --
 1/4 cup equals 5 tablespoons.  Twice a day would equal 10 tablespoons.
  And my dog weighs eight pounds.  If your dog is large enough to
drink three cups of water per day, he must run in the -- what? -- 60 to 80 l
b. range?  So you could easily multiply what I gave my dog by 7-1/2 to
10 times.  Which would be more than three cups a day.  Another opt
ion would be to put down one bowl of CS and one bowl of water and let him de
cide which to drink.  Very often, they'll choose the CS over the water.
  If you're trying to make the CS that you have last until you get your
 generator, then just keep doing what you're doing until that happy day arri
ves!!  I just wanted to let you know that you don't have to be afraid t
o give your dog significant quantities of CS in order to treat a problem. &n
bsp;Once the problem is solved, then you could go to a lower maintenance dos
e.  What kind of generator did you order?
;MA ///