Hi David,
You could tweak your toes, usually on the opposite side to the
affliction. concentrate your work on the tips and the balls of the toes,
quite hard; enough to get you to say 'ouch' The work is not so much
a rub as it is a press in and roll slightly. But also work the neck of
each toe and and the top and side of each toe too. This should
cause re-establishment of nerve pathways in your head and face.
Also you can tweak the fingers in the same manner as above. The
really sore spots are what need the most work :)  Usually these are
tiny pinprick areas.
All the best,
Tony