In a message dated 11/23/04 8:37:36 AM EST, haw...@msn.com writes:

<<  I have noticed that when my husband tries
 to cover up some of the odor from the liter box, it only makes my breathing
 worse. >>

You can resolve this very easily -- sprinkle a thin layer of Arm & Hammer
baking soda in the bottom of the litter box, before adding new litter.  At one
time, I had to have my cat's litter box in the (very small) den where I watched
TV.  Even though I sat a few feet away from that litter box, I could never
smell cat urine.  I did take the added precaution of buying a litter box with a
cover -- but the baking soda does a remarkable job.       MA