My generater is home made.
Ive used a 12 volt transformer. and ive made a plastic box . Ive got two banana
clips inserted in the top of the box holding a piece of .9999 silver rod
each...the positive banana clip is joined to a bulb and then back to the
positive banana clip.
I dont have a stirrer and was told to do the stiring with a spoon.
Im not that clued up with all this and wish i was.
My silver rods are about 2.5 mm thick and 10cm long.
The amount of water i used was 300ml..in a jar...it was tap water as this was
an experiment for the first time..but the next will be distilled water.
How do i get current limiting???
Hope you can help.
Debbie

Dan Nave <dn...@mn.nilfisk-advance.com> wrote:Offhand, I would say that you did
not use distilled water, or you added
an electrolyte to the water...

Or, you had a very small volume of water and the process "ran away" at
a certain point since you did not have current limiting...

Please give all the conditions of your setup including type and amount
of water.

From: Debbie Cozens (view other messages by this author)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 04:05:43

Hello.
i am new here and new to making CS.
I am having a difficult understanding of the voltage and time needed to
make a great batch od CS.
I have a 12 volt trasformer...distilled water and i left my transformer
'on' with 12 volts
pumping through for 4 hours...my one silver rod was visibly thinner and
the water was quite
brown/black with silver particles at the bottom..what did i do wrong?

Debbie cozens