Hi David,

Yes, I've seen some spontaneous blank subject lines. It's happened to
me. I have no explanation for it, except that it may be a bug somewhere
in the list server or mail system.

The most obvious way to reply from a digest is to cut and paste the
subject and body text into a new message, then address it to the list --
Unless, that is, you're using a more sophisticated mail program that
presents the digests to you as if they were separate messages. I know
Pegasus does that. I think some others like Eudora do as well.

Microsoft Outlook Express does a plain lousy job with the MIME
formatted digests. There's no good way to use that program with them.

I don't know what to tell you about Mozilla on the Mac.

As for the formatting, yes it would be nice to be able to "quote" the
text with the ">" symbol, as in a standard reply...

It could be a bit of work, but couldn't you just hit reply, let it
quote the whole darn digest, then delete everything but the parts of
the one post you're replying to? Then cut and paste the subject and the
address, and you're ready to send?

Let me know if it helps. Good luck! <grin>

Be well,

Mike D.