It all depends on the shape of the stones. 1 inch stones are passed by some with out any pain, but it depends on if they are long and narrow. As long as the epsom salts are taken there should not be much problem. I have lost my gallbladder now going on 9 years. I do liver flushes in combination with master cleanses and almost every 2-6 weeks. I have felt so much better when doing them. I have passed stones while not doing any liver flushes and that is painful, otherwise I have never had any pain. I would recommend interested people sign on the the gallstone email list hosted by curezone and ask questions there.