Try using household amonia either straight or diluted with a bit of water (up to 30%). I put this in a squirt bottle set to shoot a stream, and just give them a squirt- they die almost instantly.It's fun and the spray does not hurt plants as salt does.I do this after dark as that is when most of them come out to feed. I found that the slugs shed a layer of slime along with the salt and crawled away to live another day.
Beer traps also did not work -maybe it wasn't their favorite brand?
Dennis G.

cking...@nycap.rr.com wrote:

No I don't think you'll have any luck with cs on slugs.

Effective treatments for slug control are copper as a barrier,
sprinkling then with salt to kill, placing cover for them so they will
congregate and can then be disposed of with salt ( a board on the
ground that they will crawl under) (grapefruit rind).
The one I've used is the beer trap. A tin plate of beer in the ground
attracts then to their doom (they get drunk & drown.) Some use bottles
on their side with beer. The neck is ground level so the slugs have
easy entry.
Using a bottle minimizes evaporation and prevents dilution by rain.

                                                Chuck
What is the definition of endless love?
Stevie Wonder & Ray Charles playing tennis!