I have a question about canker sores. My 8 year old boys seems plagued with them. I know that Lysine is good for cold sores (herpes virus) but is it also good for canker sores? What else can be done as he seems to have 2-3 in his mouth at any one time. Now he has a sore on his tongue. I have him swishing between salt water, scope, and colloidal silver, several times a day. It seems to help take them away, but slowly. But what would prevent them? He is my healthiest eater and really loves his fruit veggies, and whole foods. He will not eat out at any restaurant except for spaghetti and meat sauce and ice cream. Which is not very often. I am at a loss what to do for him and he does not like any medicine. I have tried orabase to cover the sores to let him eat but he wont even use that. Everything seems to hurt him.