Glad you had a good time, Mike!
How didya like the Pern books and HP6?
I`m a big fan of Annie Mac, too, especially since she was nice enough to reply to an
email  I sent her, a few years ago. That was cool.
Then, I was sad to see Hogwarts and Harry lose Dumbledore. sob... I get so engrossed in the Harry Potter books, they seem so real! I reread all the first five books, before number 6 came out, did it in a week. HP6 only took me 2 days, now I hafta wait 2 more years for HP7 to come out!! Tain`t fair! :o)
Marshalee

M. G. Devour wrote:

Hi gang!

I feel like such a truant! <teehee!>

I snuck away for a week's vacation with the family. I said nothing and prayed for good behavior. Lo and behold, you've all managed remarkably in my absence. I hope you will understand how grateful I am that you are the fine people that you are. <doff's hat>

I have to admit that Dave (Alchemy) being so rude to ... umm... HIMSELF! ... had my hand inching toward the big hammer for a minute there until Marshall pointed out he was responding to his own post!

Wow! That was amazing...

Humor can be a dangerous thing. Be careful how you use it! <grin>

And, yes, I presume we'll be dealing with fallout from CAFTA and CODEX for some time, but the general rule remains to discuss these things on the Off Topic List apart from occasional heads-up postings on the main list. (See the links in the footer at the bottom of all list messages.)

We were at a cottage on Lake Chataqua in western New York. Got up to Niagara for a day, got some sailing in, read a bunch of books (McAffery's Pern series, Rowling's latest), and just relaxed with Rose and the kids.

Tuesday was our 25th wedding anniversary. <bows> The remarkable woman who is my wife still puts up with me after all these years. I am amazed and humbled.

Had a nice dinner together at our second choice of restaurant after storms knocked power out in Mayville. The manager of the first place was standing out in the parking lot directing people to where there *was* power. Poor guy!

Lovely area. Nice to spend time with our (almost) grown up children. Nice to be away from routine. Even nice to be away from the computer!

Good, too, to come back to you.

Thank you, one and all.

Be well,

Mike Devour