Re: CS> Splitting Fingernails

When I was young, my weak and splitting fingernails were quickly strengthened by taking a couple of teaspoonfuls of plain gelatin stirred in orange juice every day. Protein deficiency was the cause of the weak nails then, I guess.

Nowadays, it takes more to maintain them. When I take Concentrace colloidal minerals (other places, like the Vitamin Shoppe, have the Concentrace minerals in their own name brand, and it is a little cheaper), my weak nails become strong and whole after a couple of months. (They taste terrible -- I put the drops in empty gel capsules,)

Note: it takes at least that long for the effects of anything you do to show in nails, for they grow out slowly from the nail bed at the base of the nail. Adding gelatin, silica and horsetail for good measure gives me good results. All of the above have improved my husband's weak and splitting (formerly very strong) nails, but he still has less complete results than I do. One nail resists healing. So something else is missing in his diet or assimilation, probably. We'll add the items listed in other posts. Thanks to all for the hints.

Marlys