When I had all my amalagams removed, must have been in the late '80s, my dentist wanted $175 per tooth. I went to Tijuana (a 90-minute drive) and had them done for $25 per, and I had a mouthful of them.

----- Original Message ----- From: "M. G. Devour" <mdev...@eskimo.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 6:35 AM
Subject: CS>Amalgam removal...

I'm not sure if I asked this once before, but can anyone point me to
resources for finding a good dentist to do my amalgam removals, or a
direct recommendation for same?

From what I understand so far, I want somebody who understands the need
to minimize mercury exposure for both patient and staff, and is willing
to coordinate with my physician to minimize the toxic effects of the
exposure I *do* receive from the procedures.

I know dentists won't say anything bad about amalgams, and I don't need
them to. But at least if you start sticking a drill into a "perfectly
good" amalgam, let's admit that it becomes hazardous and needs to be
treated accordingly. <sigh>

I'm in SE Michigan and am perfectly willing to drive if needed.

Feel free to send me a private e-mail at mdev...@eskimo.com if you'd
rather not broadcast the information.

Thank you,

Mike D.